New ways to experience Washington’s Cascade Loop
TourMappers has recently introduced additional hotels for a fly-drive tour of the mountains, lakes and forests of the Cascade Loop in Washington State, starting from Seattle.
The Mayflower Park Hotel in Seattle is new to TourMappers’ offering. Its city centre location, adjacent to Westlake Shopping centre, is ideal as this is where both the light rail link to the airport and monorail to Seattle Center arrive and depart. The Seattle Center attractions include the Space Needle, Chihuly Garden and Glass, the MoPOP (Museum of Popular Culture) and other attractions.
Icicle Inn Resort in Leavenworth, Coast Wenatchee Centre Hotel in Wenatchee, Freestone Inn in Mazama or Sun Mountain Lodge in Winthrop, and the Fort Casey Inn in Coupeville are also now included in TourMappers’ four-day itinerary.
The 440 mile long scenic Cascade Loop drive gives visitors a taste of Washington State’s diverse regions, including the Snohomish River Valley, Stevens Pass Greenway, Leavenworth Cascade Foothills, Wenatchee Columbia River Valley, Lake Chelan Valley, Methow Valley, North Cascades National Park, Skagit Valley and Whidbey Island.
There are numerous adventures to be enjoyed along the Cascade Loop and with such a diversity of landscapes, visitors are spoilt for choice. Here are just a few of the incredible experiences they can enjoy:
- Zip-linewith High Trek Adventures in Mukilteo or Leavenworth Zip Lines in Plain
- Go white-water raftingon the Skykomish, Wenatchee, Methow and Skagit Rivers with Outdoor Adventure Center
- Rock climb or boulderon the world-renowned Index Town Wall, Leavenworth’s Icicle River Valley, Mazama’s Fun Wall or go indoors at Wenatchee’s Riverfront Rock Gym
- Hike into amazing waterfalls: Wallace Falls in Gold Bar, Bridal Veil Falls near Index, Deception Falls on Stevens Pass, Silver Falls in Entiat and Rainbow Falls in off-the-grid Stehekin (accessible via Lady of the Lakeor Lake Chelan Helicopters), Ladder Creek Falls, and Gorge Creek Falls in the North Cascades
- Go horse ridingin Plain with Mountain Springs Lodge, in Winthrop at Sun Mountain Lodge, or at off-the-grid Stehekin Valley Ranch via Lady of the Lake Boat Tours or Lake Chelan Helicopters
- Skydiveinto a vineyard with Lake Chelan Skydiving
- Mountain bikeall along the Loop. (Rentals available in the Methow Valley)
- Grab the best views of the Methow Valley from a hot air balloon with Morning Glory Balloon Tours
- Backpack or day hike through miles of backcountry in the North Cascades National Park
- Watch whaleswith Island Adventures departing from La Conner or Anacortes.
This fantastic video gives a taster of what a trip could be like:
Annette Pitts, Executive Director of the Cascade Loop Association will be marketing the new itinerary at WTM on the Seattle-Washington State stand NA270. For appointments with Annette please email email@example.com.
For further information on visiting Seattle and Washington State visit www.Seattle-WashingtonState.co.uk